/27 the new /24

Mel Beckman mel at beckman.org
Sun Oct 4 14:52:27 UTC 2015

If it doesn't support IPSec, it's not really IPv6. Just as if it failed to support any other mandatory IPv6 specification, such as RA.

There's really no excuse for not supporting IPSec, as it's a widely available open source component that costs nothing to incorporate into an IPv6 stack.

Your observation simply means that users must be informed when buying IPv6 devices, just as they must with any product. You can buy either genuine IPv6 or half-baked IPv6 products. When I speak of IPv6, I speak only of the genuine article.

 -mel beckman