How to force rapid ipv6 adoption

Baldur Norddahl baldur.norddahl at gmail.com
Fri Oct 2 22:11:43 UTC 2015

Why are some people here asserting that IPv6 failed when it looks like it
is actually taking off pretty good right now?

https://www.google.com/intl/en/ipv6/statistics.html

Jan 2013 about 1%
Jan 2014 about 2.5%
Jan 2015 about 5%
It is already past 9% so we will be at least at 10% by Jan 2016.

Looks like a good exponential growth to me.

The numbers for USA are even better at 21%.

Traffic volume is also taking off:
https://www.akamai.com/us/en/solutions/intelligent-platform/visualizing-akamai/ipv6-traffic-volume.jsp

I will bet you good money that in a not too distant future we will see that
IPv6 moves more bytes than IPv4.

The IPv6 protocol is 17 years so it failed argument is meaningless. Maybe
we needed IPv4 exhaustion before IPv6 could take off. No matter the reason,
it is happening now.

Regards,

Baldur