How to force rapid ipv6 adoption

Owen DeLong owen at delong.com
Fri Oct 2 18:07:35 UTC 2015

> On Oct 1, 2015, at 18:37 , Todd Underwood <toddunder at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Either there are multiple translation systems that exist that were invented late or there are not. Either Owen has never heard of any of them or he is trolling.

There are multiple translation systems and I’ve heard of most, if not all of them.

None of them does what you propose — Smooth seamless communication between an IPv4-only host and an IPv6-only host.

So, please, Todd, explicate exactly how you would achieve that stated objective… What could you do differently on the IPv6-only host side that would allow smooth seamless connectivity to/from the IPv4 host while still providing a larger address space?
> In any case I'm giving up on that conversation. And this whole one. It goes nowhere.
>
> And this is why v6 is where it is: true believers. Instead of a simple, practical matter of engineering a transition we got 15 years of advocacy.

If it’s so simple, why do you continue to refuse to explain the process?

Owen