gmail admins?

William Herrin bill at herrin.us
Thu Oct 1 12:25:30 UTC 2015

Howdy,

Any gmail admins out there? I forward email addressed to me to a gmail
account. Overnight you started returning:

... while talking to gmail-smtp-in.l.google.com.:
>>> DATA
<<< 550 5.7.1 [IR] Our system has detected an excessively high number of invalid
 recipients originating from your account. Contact your service provider for sup
port
554 5.0.0 Service unavailable

There were not temporary failures, you jumped straight to permanent
failures. Emails were about 90% to my own gmail account, a total of
about 80 over 12 hours.

Fix your damn algorithm.

And of course I have to complain publicly because you don't accept
trouble reports privately, instead sending people into useless
dead-end automated help systems.

Thanks,
Bill Herrin

William Herrin ................ herrin at dirtside.com  bill at herrin.us