OT: BdNOG announces website blocks

Matthew Petach mpetach at netflight.com
Sun Nov 29 17:15:28 UTC 2015

On Wed, Nov 18, 2015 at 3:22 PM, Scott Weeks <surfer at mauigateway.com> wrote:

> Md. abdullah Al naser mail.naserbd at yahoo.com
> Wed Nov 18 12:56:15 BDT 2015
>
> The service of Facebook, Viber and Whatsapp are
> blocked from now till further notice. It has been
> ordered by Begum Tarana Halim, State Minister, Post
> and Telecommunications.

It occurs to me this is a very pro-competition
on the part of the government.  By blocking the
major incumbent messaging apps, it opens up
the marketplace for newer, younger startups
to gain marketshare.  Kudos to the State Minister
for such a forward-thinking and pro-competitive-market
strategy!

Matt
(not sure if my tongue should be in my cheek or
not, actually...)