EoMPLS vlan rewrite between brands; possibly new bug in Cisco IOS 15

Jonas Bjork mr.jonas.bjork at me.com
Sat Nov 28 04:55:01 UTC 2015

Dear Mr. Bensley,

The platform is Cisco 7600 on side A and HP A5500-HI on side B. I am currently running IOS v12.2-33.SRE5 and I'm trying to upgrade to v15.3-3.S6.
In the current version the VC type is Eth VLAN and I have tried all different options on the HP side with no success. On the Cisco side I don't know if there is anything I can do - the negotiation seems to take place without any possible user interference.

It's true that I can terminate the tunnel elsewhere and switch the traffic using layer 2 but I don't want to have any "ugly" solutions in the network. Everything works fine even though I rewrite the vlan id (and that is essential for my solution) at the moment and it bothers me that an IOS upgrade triggers this bug. The bug is submitted (against Juniper) as previously mentioned in this thread but Cisco won't do anything about it.

Best regards,

Jonas Bjork
Network Nerd