Rack Locks

Kevin Burke kburke at burlingtontelecom.com
Fri Nov 20 20:37:21 UTC 2015

What kind of experience do people have with rack access control systems
(electronic locks)?  Anything I should pay attention to with the
products?

Hope this questions hasn't already been answered.  Not to picky about
what/who.  The APC solution seems to start getting pricy with multiple
racks.  I see arduino has an RFID reader but haven't found the door
opener.

The racks in question are standard APC (SX?) racks.

Background
We have half a dozen racks, mostly ours.  Mostly I want something to log
who opened what door when.  Cooling overhaul is next on the list but one
at a time.  Even with cameras those janky make nobody happy.

If someone knows a better place to ask this that would be nice too.

Thanks for your time!

Kevin Burke
802-540-0979
Burlington Telecom - City of Burlington