Binge On! - And So This is Net Neutrality?

Josh Reynolds josh at kyneticwifi.com
Fri Nov 20 16:32:41 UTC 2015

I believe there may be a catch though: I don't think they can pick and
choose which streaming providers they allow their customers to stream
for free. As long as their streaming program is a "catch-all" for
streaming video, they can claim they are doing what they can (within
reason) to exempt streaming video from their data caps and are
probably fine with the FCC. For instance, using the "streaming video"
filter in Procera or a similar DPI product.

If it is found they are picking and choosing which content is free
(intentionally) they might be in trouble for that part.

They are not paying for this feature with the content providers (no
paid prioritization) and it's good for consumers. It probably sucks
for WISPs until those cell sectors start getting filled up though ;)