Is there a DNS lookup, traceroute, ping and HTTP GET as a service?

Stephane Bortzmeyer bortzmeyer at nic.fr
Wed Nov 18 17:42:50 UTC 2015

On Wed, Nov 18, 2015 at 02:38:28PM -0200,
 Kurt Kraut via NANOG <nanog at nanog.org> wrote
 a message of 45 lines which said:

> About RIPE ATLAS, I already have one of their boxes and it never
> worked.  Simply doesn't appear as online. Their support just barely
> gave me some tips but with no meaningful result.

Like most people, I have a very good experience with RIPE Atlas
probes. If they fail (it never happened to me), there is a very
comprehensive FAQ <https://atlas.ripe.net/about/faq/#troubleshooting>
and the nice people on the user mailing list (remember it is a
community service, the RIPE-NCC is not a commercial support team) are
very responsive.