DNSSEC and ISPs faking DNS responses

Roland Dobbins rdobbins at arbor.net
Sat Nov 14 23:25:09 UTC 2015

On 15 Nov 2015, at 2:08, Niels Bakker wrote:

> When will there be enough 'corner cases' to convince you it's business
> as usual?

The majority of people who use the Internet in Turkey do not in fact use
Google DNS.  It is an informed and motivated minority.

The most recent statistics I can find on estimation of global VPN use
put the number at ~25% of Internet users.  That number seems high to me,
and I've no confidence that the study in question was in fact conducted
in a rigorous and scientific manner, so I won't link to it here.

But let's assume for the sake of discussion that it's reasonably
accurate.

Do you believe that percentage is going to significantly increase over
time?