DNSSEC and ISPs faking DNS responses

Roland Dobbins rdobbins at arbor.net
Sat Nov 14 03:27:07 UTC 2015

On 14 Nov 2015, at 10:22, Owen DeLong wrote:

> Surely time will tell, but I would not be so quick to dismiss this as
> a potential workaround after watching how quickly TOR was adopted to
> move video around during the Arab Spring.

By a tiny minority of people.

Selection bias.

Most people do not know what a 'VPN' is, or how to install one and get
it working.  The number of people who do may increase somewhat over time
due to various restrictions they seek to overcome, but it will never
become anything close to the norm unless it is a default.

Go out onto the street and ask a selection of random passers-by if they
know what a VPN is, if they know how to install one, if they've
installed one.