Updated Ookla Speedtest Server Requirements

Christopher Morrow morrowc.lists at gmail.com
Tue Nov 10 05:25:50 UTC 2015

imagine lorell has a userbase on his ISP service of lots of 100mbps or
1gbps customers.
Imagine some percentage of them want to test their network speeds.
Imagine enough of them are trying at peak times that 1gbps to the
'speed test server' is not enough bandwidth.

Perhaps he could instead run 10 servers or a 10g loadbalancer and 10
1g boxes behind that loadbalancer?