Route leaks from AS9498 (BHARTI Airtel)?

Andrew Duey andrew.duey at widerangebroadband.net
Fri Nov 6 15:38:52 UTC 2015

Is anyone else seeing their routes leaked from AS9498 (BHARTI Airtel) in
India?

According to bgpmon.net they started leaking our Level 3 provided IP space
at 2015-11-06 05:52 UTC.  Oddly, they're not leaking our ARIN assigned IP
blocks but our prefixes inside the 8.0.0.0/8 range they are (8.34.96.0/21
and 8.33.2.0/24).

BGPmon shows less of their probes are now showing the announcement and we
haven't seen a noticeable hit in overall traffic levels.

Has anyone else seen this route leak?  Is it somehow specific to just the
big Level 3 blocks? (4.0.0.0/8 and 8.0.0.0/8)?  I figured NANOG would have
a thread on it already but haven't heard a whisper (unless all the new guys
like me are being modded thanks to the spam incident).

Thanks,

--Andrew Duey