New ISPs getting of the ground without IPv4?

Justin Wilson - MTIN lists at mtin.net
Mon Nov 2 22:36:27 UTC 2015

The two I am working with are factoring buying IP space as part of the business model.  Folks like Cogent are now charging a $50 BGP fee so it is a new world.  I am seeing more and more folks go to MPLS to try and squeeze as many IPs out as they can. They are flattening their customer pools and saving a few IPs here and there.

A couple others are paying for circuits they no longer use just to hold onto IP space.

Justin Wilson
j2sw at mtin.net

---
http://www.mtin.net Owner/CEO
xISP Solutions- Consulting – Data Centers - Bandwidth

http://www.midwest-ix.com  COO/Chairman
Internet Exchange - Peering - Distributed Fabric