AWS Elastic IP architecture

Owen DeLong owen at delong.com
Sun May 31 13:40:10 UTC 2015

I wasn’t being specific about VPC vs. Classic.

The support for IPv6 in Classic is extremely limited and basically useless for 99+% of applications.

I would argue that there is, therefore, effectively no meaningful support for IPv6 in AWS, period.

What you describe below seems to me that it would only make the situation I described worse, not better in the VPC world.

Owen