gmail security is a joke

Peter Beckman beckman at angryox.com
Fri May 29 14:35:17 UTC 2015

I use completely random strings for security questions. The company doesn't
care what my answer is, so instead of knowing that my favorite sports team
is [REDACTED] they can see that it is "WheF7?ydk/cBG8MgZf7w"

Go WheF7?ydk/cBG8MgZf7w!

I store all of the security questions in my password manager (1Password),
and though annoying if prompted for them often, my account is more secure
as a result. It's also a lot of fun when you call in and they ask you the
answer to your security question.

Just because someone asks you a question it does not require you to give an
answer they expect. (Or any answer)

Beckman