gmail security is a joke

Jim Popovitch jimpop at gmail.com
Wed May 27 21:06:17 UTC 2015

On Wed, May 27, 2015 at 4:52 PM, Harald Koch <chk at pobox.com> wrote:

> Y'all are way too trusting ;)

Or we are much more comfortable with our knowledge.  Six in one,....

> If I recall from a brief experiment yesterday, three of the four options on
> that page are variations on "I'd like to bypass 2-factor authentication".
> There is really no point in any of Google's fancy account security if I can
> bypass all of it using Google's Identity Verification process, especially
> if that process is based on PII that isn't terribly difficult to obtain.

I think you are overly simplifying a piece of a very large, very
complicated, highly dynamic, and daily reviewed, security pipeline.
Google's Account security is not a 1 man in the basement operation.

You tell me the Sender, time, last Received line, and byte size, of
all the emails I received on 1-Jan-2015 and I will give you $100 per
email.... or this thread can just die a miserable hypothetical death
that it deserves.

-Jim P.