Peering and Network Cost

Mike Hammett nanog at ics-il.net
Thu May 21 12:50:29 UTC 2015

As a small ISP, I'll peer with everybody possible. ;-) It's mostly about cost, but the quality goes up as well. Some of the people we're working with saw an increase in consumption the moment they joined IXes. The quality of the connections improved, so the streaming video (assumed) was able to flow at a higher bit-rate.

-----
Mike Hammett
Intelligent Computing Solutions
http://www.ics-il.com