Measuring DNS Performance & Graphing Logs

Faisal Imtiaz faisal at snappytelecom.net
Thu May 21 12:50:08 UTC 2015

Zayed,

What issues did you run into when trying to monitor Bind with Cacti ?

here is a nice write up on this: http://gregsowell.com/?p=4763

If you don't find yourself getting far with this, then you can always use the Captain James T. Kirk's way of solving  "Kobayashi Maru" ........ (Use powerdns instead of bind, powerdns has stats built in).

Regards.

Faisal Imtiaz
Snappy Internet & Telecom