Low Cost 10G Router

Eduardo Meyer dudu.meyer at gmail.com
Wed May 20 12:41:02 UTC 2015

On Tuesday, May 19, 2015, Warsaw wrote:

> > > On May 19, 2015, at 10:22, Colton Conor <colton.conor at gmail.com
> <javascript:;>> wrote:
> > >
> > > What options are available for a small, low cost router that has at
> least
> > > four 10G ports, and can handle full BGP routes? All that I know of are
> the
> > > Juniper MX80, and the Brocade CER line. What does Cisco and others have
> > > that compete with these two? Any other vendors besides Juniper,
> Brocade,
> > > and Cisco to look at?
>
> I have two ServerU L-800 boxes routing BGP and OSPF, one of those has
> 4x10G SFP+ port and the

I'm good w/ ServerU L-800 as well running BGP with FreeBSD in a location
and VyOS in a couple other.

I still dont know how much traffic Mr Conor needs to forward, if it's a 10G
base or just needs 10G ports. Without Chelsio ASICS I route 4Gb/s on this
router and I second the suggestion for L-800 if the desired forwarding rate
is around 4Gbit.

I didnt know Chelsio expansions could do forwarding directly on the card.
just heard about its low rate of interruption requests. Sounds like it
worths further investigation thanks on that..

As for L-800 I run it for over one year now doing BGP and firewalling.
Great value for a twelve hundred bucks purchase.

--
Eduardo Meyer
pessoal: dudu.meyer at gmail.com
profissional: ddm.farmaciap at saude.gov.br