Low Cost 10G Router

Ken Chase math at sizone.org
Tue May 19 19:11:20 UTC 2015

Chat in my nerds irc channel about 10G routers paralleling this

14:21 <b> the Xeon D-1540 has 8 cores / 16 threads, 2GHz base clock with
              2.6GHz turbo, and dual 10G nics on chip
14:21 <b> 45W TDP
14:31 <b> supposedly an asrock board is coming that can be 10Gbase-T or SFP+
14:58 <a> supermicro are shipping some SFP+ 10G E5 boards
15:00 <b> but the xeon E5 doesn't have the on die 10G nic
15:07 <a> X9DRW-7TPF+

http://www.supermicro.com/products/motherboard/xeon/c600/x9drw-7tpf_.cfm

Also: 1.4Mpps per 10G link doesnt seem like the minimum packetsize one wants for
handling DOS attacks, but I might be bad at math.

/kc

--
Ken Chase - Toronto Canada