Rasberry pi - high density

Chris Boyd cboyd at gizmopartners.com
Mon May 11 22:33:53 UTC 2015

On Mon, 2015-05-11 at 14:36 -0700, Peter Baldridge wrote:
> I don't know how to do the math for the 'vat of oil scenario'.  It's
> not something I've ever wanted to work with.

It's pretty interesting what you can do with immersion cooling.  I work
with it at $DAYJOB.  Similar to air cooling, but your coolant flow rates
are much lower than air, and you don't need any fans in the systems--The
pumps take the place of those.

We save a lot of money on the cooling side, since we don't need to
compress and expand gases/liquids.  We can run with warmish (25-30C)
water from cooling towers, and still keep the systems at a target
temperature of 35C.

--Chris