Fwd: BSDCon Brazil 2015 - Call for Papers

Vinícius Zavam egypcio at googlemail.com
Sat May 9 12:13:25 UTC 2015

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: BSDCon Brasil 2015 <bsdcon at bsdcon.com.br>
Date: 2015-05-08 12:52 GMT-03:00
Subject: BSDCon Brazil 2015 - Call for Papers

INTRODUCTION

  BSDCon Brazil (http://www.bsdcon.com.br) is the brazilian BSD powered
and flavored conference.
  The first edition was in 2005 and it brought together a great mix of
*BSD developers and users for a nice blend of both developer-centric and
user-centric presentations, and activities.

  This year BSDCon Brazil will be held from 9-10th October 2015, in
Fortaleza (CE).

OFFICIAL CALL

  We are proudly requesting proposals for presentations.

  We do not require academic or formal papers. If you wish to submit a
formal paper, you are welcome to, but it is not required.

  Presentations are expected to be 45~60 minutes and are to be delivered
in Portuguese (prefered), Spanish or English.

  The proposals presentation should be written with a very strong
technical content bias.
  Proposals of a business development or marketing nature are not
appropriate for this venue and will be rejected!

  Topics of interest to the conference include, but are not limited to:

    [*] Automation & Embedded Systems
    [*] Best Current Practices
    [*] Continuous Integration
    [*] Database Management Systems
    [*] Device Drivers
    [*] Documentation & Translation
    [*] Filesystems
    [*] Firewall & Routing
    [*] Getting Started to *BSD Systems
    [*] High Availability
    [*] Internet of Things (IoT)
    [*] IPv6
    [*] Kernel Internals
    [*] Logging & Monitoring
    [*] Network Applications
    [*] Orchestration
    [*] Performance
    [*] Privacy & Security
    [*] Third-Party Applications Management
    [*] Virtualization
    [*] Wireless Transmissions

  We are waiting to read what you got! Please send all proposals to:

    submissions (@) bsdcon.com.br

  The proposals should contain a short and concise text description. The
submission should also include a short CV of the speaker and an estimate
of the expected travel expenses.

SCHEDULE

  Proposals Acceptance
    May 8th 2015 ----- BEGINS
    June 14th 2015 --- ENDS

  Contact to Accepted Proposals Authors
    July 13th 2015

NOTES

  * If your talk is accepted, you are expected to present your talk in
person;
  * Speakers do not register or pay conference fees;
  * We can pay for speakers flight and accommodation;
  * You pay for your own food and drink;
  * There will be a digital projector available in each lecture room.

--
BSDCon Brazil 2015
http://www.bsdcon.com.br