IP DSCP across the Internet

Mark Tinka mark.tinka at seacom.mu
Thu May 7 10:05:42 UTC 2015

On 7/May/15 11:12, James Bensley wrote:

> This.
>
> You can't really put SLAs on traffic that has to egress/ingress the
> Internet, if you try to you're asking for trouble, so we simply remark
> to 0 on all inbound traffic.

And this is what sales and marketing droids don't get - so-called
"Premium Internet" products abound that don't really mean anything.

The competition that offer these products are basically hoping nothing
happens, and that when it does, it seems as palatable as flying First
Class in a plane that's going down.

Focus energies on other things, I say... the customers that buy such
services should know better, but alas...

Mark.