yarr - Yet Another Route Server Implementation [WAS: Euro-IX quagga stable download and implementation]

Martin Winter mwinter at noaccess.com
Tue May 5 08:12:26 UTC 2015

On Mon, 4 May 2015, Sebastian Spies wrote:
> sorry, for the double post. dmarc fuckup...
>
> Hey there,
>
> considering the state of this discussion, BIRD seems to be the only
> scalable solution to be used as a route server at IXPs. I have built a
> large code base around BGP for the hoofprints project [1] and BRITE [2]
> and would enjoy building another state-of-the-art open-source
> route-server implementation for IXPs. Would you be so kind to send me
> your feedback on this idea? Do you think, it makes sense to pursue such
> a project or is it not relevant enough for you?

How about (instead of another implementation) helping one of the existing
projects?
Writing another implementation is easy. Keeping it up to date, testing
it and supporting it over multiple years is what I would worry about.

I would *strongly* suggest to solve that issue first before starting
on another implementation.

- Martin