OK, Google. Time to dial back the AI hype.

John Levine johnl at iecc.com
Tue Jun 30 22:39:00 UTC 2015

>Is the WSJ a wholly owned subsidiary of GOOG?  It looks to me like a WSJ
>journalist said that.

If you read the paper, which is linked from the article and takes
about five minutes, you'll find that article is cheap clickbait and
has approximately nothing to do with the topic of the paper.  As far
as I can tell, none of the people in the lengthy slashdot thread
bothered to do that.

ObNANOG: it's about a text chat app that can be loaded with various
text databases.  The first couple of examples use a tech support
database and the examples are impressively close to the kind of tech
support one gets from offshore script readers.

The example quoted in the WSJ used a database of movie subtitles, so
it's not surprising that it reads like a bad movie script.

R's,
John