GRE performance over the Internet - DDoS cloud mitigation

Dennis B infinityape at gmail.com
Tue Jun 30 20:32:54 UTC 2015

Roland,

Agreed, Ramy's scenario was not truly spot on, but his question still
remains. Perf implications when cloud security providers time to
detect/mitigate is X minutes. How stable can GRE transports and BGP
sessions be when under load?

In my technical opinion, this is a valid argument, which deems wide
opinion. Specifically, use-cases about how to apply defense in depth
logically in the DC vs Hybrid vs Pure Cloud.

Good topic, already some back-chatter personal opinions from Nanog lurkers!

Regards,

Dennis B.