ARIN just subdivided their last /17, /18, /19, /20, /21 and /22. Down to only /23s and /24s now. : ipv6

Ricky Beam jfbeam at gmail.com
Tue Jun 30 00:03:08 UTC 2015

On Fri, 26 Jun 2015 23:58:27 -0400, William Astle <lost at l-w.ca> wrote:
> Like certain data centers attached to AS701 in Canada.

Or their end customers all over the world. Of course, they're no different
than most other carriers. At the time we moved into this office, TWC
wasn't available [TWCBC] (but they at least understood IPv6; metro-e has
since been installed here), TWTC craftily avoided answering the question
(the answer was "no"), AT&T gave a similar "we can't be bothered" answer
(supported, but we aren't "big enough" to be connected to that gear),
Earthlink (ITC Deltacom) had no idea what it was (I'm sure engineers did,
but sales and support didn't.)

Not that the company cares. Last reading of the checkpoint config, there
wasn't any v6 in it anywhere. Which is a bit surprising as one of those
fw's is in Hong Kong!

** TWC (residential) DOES support IPv6 now. I'm an Earthlink subscriber so
I get none of that; they've not provided any prefixes.