How long will it take to completely get rid of IPv4 or will it happen at all?

Bob Evans bob at FiberInternetCenter.com
Mon Jun 29 14:22:16 UTC 2015

It is true - you I have had to throttle back for years for optimum
transport on many carriers. In fact, if you have an ATT transit in your
mix of BGP you wont get a ping response at 1500 MTU from that ATT router.

.
>> > This is kind of like asking when we will stop using ethernet framing
>> (ethernet was designed for a 3Mbps transmission rate)
>> > yet we are deploying 100Gbps networks.  Still stuck on that 1500byte
>> limitation.  When can we get rid of that?
>>
>> Many networks have
 It’s called “Jumbo Frames”