Re: World's Fastest Internet™ in Canadaland

Owen DeLong owen at delong.com
Fri Jun 26 22:23:00 UTC 2015

10Gbps inside the home at an economical price for the phys means IP Multicast can finally be a viable alternative (replacement for) HDMI.

No more will you connect one Blu-Ray player to One Amp to One TV. You’ll just connect them all to ethernet.

Amps and TVs will have UIs which allow you to subscribe to streams provided by Blu-Rays and other media sources.

Want to watch something on two TVs while listening to the audio through a particular amp in the house, no problem. Set up the
stream on the provider device and subscribe on the TVs and the Amp. When it’s all set, press play and enjoy. Want to pause
it and move to a third TV and change amps? No problem. Pause, reconfigure the subscriptions, and resume.

Of course this will require the RIAA and their friends to either come up with new ways to be obnoxious to consumers or
to perform an extraction of their crania from their collective rectums about DRM in order to be viable, but I’m sure one or
more of those things will happen eventually.

Owen