RE: World's Fastest Internet™ in Canadaland

Paul Stewart paul at paulstewart.org
Fri Jun 26 19:03:10 UTC 2015

Personally I think it's pure marketing ... something I think we all know...

I seen a few years back a FTTH development get completed using GPON - everything in the area got "Full Gig Internet".  Speedtest while I was onsite showed about 900Mb/s download so pretty darn close (before they fully deployed).

The interesting part was that the development consisted of 4400 active users the last time I heard but the bandwidth to upstream provider was still only a single GigE and was not hitting serious saturation levels most of the time.

Paul