Residential VSAT experiences?

shawn wilson ag4ve.us at gmail.com
Fri Jun 26 17:19:36 UTC 2015

On Jun 22, 2015 6:14 PM, "William Herrin" <bill at herrin.us> wrote:

> Two-way satellite systems based on SV's in geostationary orbit (like
> the two you're considering) have high latency. 22,000 miles out,
> another 22,000 miles back and do it again for the return packet.

Just a minor nitpick - that's 22,300 miles above the equator at sea level.
You're probably closer to 22,500 miles away from the bird (as could your
uplink). That's just rough math adding the tangent of 1500 miles from the
equator in my head (plus the tangent of the curve distance from that base
line and angle of the bird :) ).