Any Verizon datacenter techs about?

William Herrin bill at herrin.us
Fri Jun 26 15:34:55 UTC 2015

On Fri, Jun 26, 2015 at 10:26 AM, Doug McIntyre <merlyn at geeks.org> wrote:
> Then it was announced ready to move in, and we asked the procedure to
> get cross-connects from outside the facility in (really the whole
> point of even getting colo there).
>
> Oh no, you can't have a cross-connect.
>
> Umm, the only reason we're doing this is to cross-connect to the colo.
> The sales people knew this from the start, and was a key provision.
> But the site manager was adamant, nothing comes in or out.

I'm told second hand that when MCI/worldcom (now Verizon Business)
controlled 8100 Boone Blvd (the early MAE-East) you had to buy a data
circuit from them to get between floors. Not a cable or a
cross-connect. A data circuit at the 0-mile tariffed price.

I know first hand that when I bought a Verizon Business data circuit
at a carrier-neutral colo and asked them to move the IP addresses from
my Verizon Business colo to the data circuit, they refused. It took me
longer but I canceled the colo anyway. And the circuit too. Jerks.

Regards,
Bill Herrin

William Herrin ................ herrin at dirtside.com  bill at herrin.us