Any Verizon datacenter techs about?

John Musbach johnmusbach1 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 24 18:46:33 UTC 2015

Hello,

I'm a techie that recently moved to South Jersey for a tech job. To my
astonishment, I discovered that there appears to be a Verizon
datacenter near my house that has colocation:

http://imgur.com/a/PdGno

It's in Somers Point, NJ. While I could not find an address on the
building, it is on the corner of Bethel Rd and N New Rd. I've tried
walking around back to see if I could talk to anyone about colocation
but could not find anyone outside. I've also tried calling Verizon but
support wasn't very helpful. My question is, what does it take to get
some colocation space inside of that building? Me and my roommate both
have a 1u we'd like to rack and having it racked in a datacenter
walking distance from where we live would be awesome. What we'd need:

2u space
4 power drops for the servers (2 psu per server)
2 100Mbps ethernet drops with static IPs

I'm not sure if that's too little to ask for colocation or not, but
that really is all we'd need. Is there anyone about that knows what
we'd need to acquire such space, cost, badging, etc? If so, can you
please reply offlist?

Thanks,

John M