Residential VSAT experiences?

Hugo Slabbert hugo at slabnet.com
Mon Jun 22 23:04:55 UTC 2015

Personally, 500-700ms of delay is well within distinguishable range and
causes challenges in verbal communication.  If the speakers are both
expecting and accustomed to delay like that (e.g. sailors that are used to
being hundreds/thousands of miles away from anywhere and any other comms
solution sucks anyway), it could be workable.

For regular consumer/business voice applications, 100ms and lower is
decent, but above that starts to get into various degrees of suckage.

Just my 2c.

--
Hugo