REMINDER: LEAP SECOND

Saku Ytti saku at ytti.fi
Fri Jun 19 18:03:29 UTC 2015

On (2015-06-19 13:06 -0400), Jay Ashworth wrote:

Hey,

> The IERS will be adding a second to time again on my birthday;
>
> 2015-06-30T23:59:60

Hopefully this is last leap second we'll ever see. Non-monotonic time is an
abomination and very very few programs measuring passage of time are correct.
Even those which are, usually are not portable, most languages do not even
offer monotonic time in standard libraries.
Canada, China, England and Germany, shame on you for opposing leapsecondless
UTC.

Next year hopefully GPSTIME. TAI and UTC are the same thing, with different
static offset.

--
  ++ytti