OPM Data Breach - Whitehouse Petition - Help Wanted

William Herrin bill at herrin.us
Fri Jun 19 15:06:43 UTC 2015

On Fri, Jun 19, 2015 at 10:43 AM, Naslund, Steve <SNaslund at medline.com> wrote:
> No I intentionally left those out.  Here is why.  If they would do small
> incremental work, they don’t get into the areas of congressional approval
> and GSA.  You can just do the small incremental projects under your IT
> operations budgeting.

This is only possible when you take all the policies developed to
comply with both the law and executive orders and chuck them right out
the window. At that point you're operating with no authority and all
of the responsibility, which is grounds for termination even if what
you do actually works. Especially if you're a contractor as the
majority of operations folks in the Federal government are.

Regards,
Bill Herrin

William Herrin ................ herrin at dirtside.com  bill at herrin.us