OPM Data Breach - Whitehouse Petition - Help Wanted

Naslund, Steve SNaslund at medline.com
Fri Jun 19 13:30:35 UTC 2015

I think one of their major issues is that they look at too much of the network at a time.  If they decided they were going to secure a particular data center or building, they might be much better off.  If they start with defending the servers from internal as well as external threats and then move toward the perimeter they might make progress.  I think they look at the entire comprehensive network and end up with a number or a project that is too big to fathom.  First thing would be current IDP/IDS technology so they would at least know where and what the threats are.

Steven Naslund
Chicago IL