Anycast provider for SMTP?

Joe Abley jabley at hopcount.ca
Thu Jun 18 19:51:31 UTC 2015

On 18 Jun 2015, at 15:43, Jonas Björk wrote:

> While risking being slightly off topic: Does anyone use anycast dhcp
> servers?
> Have you run into any problems considering synching the leases?

Since DHCP uses broadcast and multicast addresses when a client is
discovering a server, it's not obvious why you'd have to.

You can run redundant sets of isc-dhcpd servers together serving the
same broadcast domain and have them assign leases from the same address
pools (at least, I've never tried it, but I was within internal mailing
list range of the person maintaining that code and heard him shouting
fairly often about it, not always in tones of rage and frustration).

Was that what you were after?

Joe