OPM Data Breach - Whitehouse Petition - Help Wanted

Nick B nick at pelagiris.org
Thu Jun 18 17:15:48 UTC 2015

Having worked for several departments like this, I can assure you her
flustsration was not about her "inability to hire competent people" or "the
lack of her superiors to prioritize the modernization project".  Unless you
have worked for the Federal Government it's almost impossible to understand
the mindset - Politics is job #1, Office Politics is job #2, "doing your
job" is not a priority.  The issue here was 100% looking bad - the worst
possible offense a political appointee can commit.  Firing this one person
is pointless, she's one of 1,000,000 clones, not a one should be employed.
I wish I had some simple solution, but I don't, it's going to require
years, probably decades, of hard work by a motivated and skilled team.
Also, a stable of unicorns.

Nick