Anycast provider for SMTP?

Bill Woodcock woody at pch.net
Tue Jun 16 17:55:51 UTC 2015

> If you read what Joe wrote, he doesn't currently have an AS number or
> employ BGP with his Internet providers. Extrapolate for his IPv4
> assignment situation and the /24 announcement barrier. In an
> IPv4-depleted world, he won't be doing anycast any time soon…

…which is one of the reasons why I suggested that he do anycast DNS (presumably using a DNS service provider) rather than anycast SMTP (presumably using himself) anyway.

So, regardless of how much you’re rolling your eyes, we’re saying the same thing.  We’re just being testy about the details.

                                -Bill