Anycast provider for SMTP?

Bill Woodcock woody at pch.net
Tue Jun 16 16:43:26 UTC 2015

> On Jun 15, 2015, at 11:54 AM, William Herrin <bill at herrin.us> wrote:
> I think you've offered some really bad advice here Bill.

As I said, there are lots of people who _think_ it doesn’t work.  And then there are people who’ve actually done it, and know better.

Besides, you seem to not have read what I actually posted.  In which the advice I gave was _not_ to do anycast TCP, so as to avoid having to deal with people who _think_ they know something, and are excessively verbal about it.  Which is tedious.

Perhaps better advice would have been to go ahead and do it, solving his problem, but to just not post to NANOG about it, so he doesn’t have to listen to people who think they know better telling him that what he’s doing isn’t possible.  Bumblebees, flight, etc.

                                -Bill