2.4Ghz 40Mhz 802.11n wifi and Apple Macbook

Ricky Beam jfbeam at gmail.com
Mon Jun 15 23:15:42 UTC 2015

On Mon, 15 Jun 2015 17:09:16 -0400, Steve Mikulasik
<Steve.Mikulasik at civeo.com> wrote:
> Is this one of those requirements that gets ignored? I have seen plenty
> of 40Mhz SSIDs polluting spectrum in areas with lots of overlapping APs.

It's not supposed to be. But what is (originally) submitted for testing
and what you get off the shelf are very likely to be different. And then
there are vendors that don't bother to be certified.

For reference: my WRT54G-V6 (non-n, doesn't do 40MHz) has a certificate,
but doesn't carry the logo -- it was also made well after the 2006
certified date. The Ubee DDW3611 hanging on the wall has a logo, but no
certificate (the 3610 has one, from 2010.)