AS4788 Telecom Malaysia major route leak?

Job Snijders job at instituut.net
Sun Jun 14 18:27:46 UTC 2015

On Fri, Jun 12, 2015 at 08:25:40PM +0000, Jürgen Jaritsch wrote:
> This is the official [level3] feedback:
>
> [ ... ]

For completeness sake: here is what Telekom Malaysia published about the
issue:

    Telekom Malaysia Berhad (TM) wishes to update on the service related
    issue detected yesterday, 12 June 2015 affecting a number of our
    Internet services customers that caused a deterioration in
    connection performance.

    We identified the root cause and our network team immediately took
    steps to optimise traffic flows, while we worked to restore
    connectivity to its expected level of performance. The services were
    restored at 6.30pm on the same day.

    We would like to clarify that during a network reconfiguration
    exercise, we had unintentionally updated traffic routing information
    which caused congestion and packet loss to our international
    connectivity. This had affected the internet traffic flow for some
    of our customers and some international traffic routes.

    We apologise for any inconvenience caused by the service disruption
    and would like to assure customers that we are undertaking all the
    necessary measures to ensure customers continue to experience
    uninterrupted services.

    Meanwhile, customers who have any enquiry or require further
    assistance can email us at help at tm.com.my or tweet to us via
    @tmconnects on Twitter.

    source: https://www.tm.com.my/OnlineHelp/Announcement/Pages/INTERNET-SERVICES-DISRUPTION-12-June-2015.aspx

Kind regards,