Open letter to Level3 concerning the global routing issues on June 12th

Evan Moore emoore at sover.net
Sun Jun 14 15:29:00 UTC 2015

While this is all true, and I'm always willing to forgive honest errors accompanied by sincere admissions, my recent Level 3 experience (beginning prior to the 12th) has strongly biased me toward the third option Niels meant: serious lack of clue.  I've had multiple tickets open over several weeks inquiring why Level 3 is announcing several /24s out of 8/8 to peers, and I keep getting told it's my fault.  Supposedly my tickets have gone upstream to higher levels, but nothing changes and the answers I get are wrong.

If anyone with clue at Level 3 would like to redeem my faith, please get in touch.

ERM

Evan R Moore
Network Engineer and Bitwrangler
Sovernet Communications