Hardware monitoring

Rafael Possamai rafael at gav.ufsc.br
Sat Jun 13 16:54:51 UTC 2015

Hi everyone,

I know this is slightly off-topic, but since it's still related to the
list, I thought I'd give it a try. I am wondering what systems are out
there (open source, preferably) for data collection and processing of
hardware health data (temperature, CPU clock, fan speeds, etc). Ideally
brand agnostic and location agnostic as well.

I know of Cacti, but it would require SNMP enabled devices AFAIK, so
room/generator/misc monitors wouldn't necessarily be included.

Thanks in advance.

Rafael