Enterprise network as an ISP with a single huge customer

Roland Dobbins rdobbins at arbor.net
Sat Jun 13 05:44:44 UTC 2015

On 13 Jun 2015, at 10:00, Tim Raphael wrote:

> There are plenty of people out there that will use MPLS / multiple
> tables for the wrong reasons just so they can say that's what they're
> doing.

Concur 100%.

I also agree with both Chris and with Randy with regards to pros and
cons of this general approach.

In my subjective experience, relatively few enterprises have the
technical and operational savvy to design, deploy, operate, and
troubleshoot a network designed in such a manner, or even understand the
appropriate usage of these technologies, much less reap the benefits
thereof.  Unless they've invested in hiring people with the right
skillsets and breadth/depth of actual operational experience, this can
be a path fraught with significant risk.