Android (lack of) support for DHCPv6

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Fri Jun 12 17:55:54 UTC 2015

On Fri, Jun 12, 2015 at 10:51 AM, Todd Underwood <toddunder at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Jun 12, 2015 at 1:43 PM, <Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu> wrote:
>>
>> On Fri, 12 Jun 2015 10:33:55 -0700, Dave Taht said:
>> > The core bits of what I don't understand about the flamage is how hard
>> > would it be for an end-user - or corporate client - to just add any of
>> > these functionalities to this, cyanogenmod, etc.
>>
>> What percent of Android users have even *heard* of cyanogenmod?
>

> a larger percentage than have ever *heard* of IPv6.  :-)
>
> game. set. match.

Change and innovation have to start somewhere, and usually occur on
the edges of the ecosystem. Good ideas (and bad) get filtered up (or
out) that way.

Cyanogen is one of several android derivatives innovating (or at
least, was, last I looked).

Dave Täht
What will it take to vastly improve wifi for everyone?
https://plus.google.com/u/0/explore/makewififast