Enterprise network as an ISP with a single huge customer

Stepan Kucherenko twh at megagroup.ru
Fri Jun 12 17:08:29 UTC 2015

Hello,

I'm sure lots of you work for big enterprises, and some of you work for
biggest of them.

How many of you architect your network as an ISP, with that enterprise
as the biggest customer ? Office networks in l3vpn, VPLS/EVPN on top of
your own network for DCI, etc ? Or is it usually just a single IGP
domain with no unnecessary bells and whistles ?

Do you think one approach is better than the other ? If so, why ?

I understand that it usually comes down to specific circumstances and
most likely scale but I'd still love to hear about your experience.