Android (lack of) support for DHCPv6

Paul B. Henson henson at acm.org
Fri Jun 12 00:54:42 UTC 2015

> From: Laszlo Hanyecz
> Sent: Thursday, June 11, 2015 4:42 PM
>
> from the university net Nazis

Wow, it must be nice to live in a fairyland utopia where there is no DMCA,
no federal laws such as HEOA, and a wide variety of other things you clearly
know nothing about that require universities to be able to track their users
and manage their networks.

> attacking DHCP is not the right one, but it sounds like his goal is to
make IPv6
> better than how IPv4 turned out.

I don't think a single person here has a goal of making IPv6 worse, nor
necessarily has any objection to the improvements he has suggested. OTOH, I
think the number of people who think he is making a good decision in
refusing to implement DHCPv6 is practically nil.

> diplomatic way, I admire his courage in posting here and trying to reason
with
> the mob.

If he really wants to validate his position on not implementing DHCPv6,
maybe he should approach all of the other vendors who already did and get
them to remove it. Being the one and only holdout on implementing a widely
deployed Internet standard looks more like lunatic fringe than visionary
leader 8-/.